Aug 31, 2007, 3:12 PM
The Addison Singers Chamber Choir is looking to recruit more tenors and basses (entry by audition - Autumn term starts 19 September). Reasonable standard of sightreading and singing experience required. Please enquire in any case.
Addison Singers Chamber Choir, West London
Byrd: Mass for Four Voices
Vaughan WIlliams - Five Folksongs
- Mathias - Shakespeare Songs
- Christmas Motets/Anthems by Byrd, Mendelssohn, Victoria, Lennox Berkeley, Walton
- Arvo Part - Magnificat
- English and Latin Anthems by Thomas Tallis, Orlando Gibbons, Henry Purcell
- Grainger - Folk Song Arrangements
- George Shearing - Shakespeare Songs
- Works by Howard Skempton, Diana Burrell, James Macmillan, Michael Berkeley
- UK/London prenieres by Colin Matthews, David Matthews, John Harbison, Ned Rorem, Gavin Bryars, Kenneth Hesketh
Repertoire for Autumn 2007 includes:
Mother of God and Virgin - Arvo Part ; Pater Noster - Stravinsky; Excerpts from - The Liturgy of St John of Chrysostom op41 - Tchaikovsky
For general info about the group, see www.addison-singers.org.uk.
The Chamber Choir comprises on average 15-20 singers. We rehearse in the Polish Centre, King Street, W6 on Wednesday evenings 6.30-7.30pm, term time only (10 weeks). The Chamber Choir sings in 3 regular concerts a year and participates in other projects (including choir tours, masses, weddings, recordings, etc.).
For all enquiries and to apply for an informal audition - email: email@example.com or leave a msg on the answerphone: 020 8723 0256