Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

nicklandauer
New User

May 29, 2007, 12:07 AM

Post #1 of 1 (7592 views)
Shortcut
Anyone for Spem? Can't Post

I'm putting on a performance of Tallis' 40-part motet, Spem in Alium, on Saturday 6th October 2007 in Reigate, Surrey. My own choir - Cantamus Reigate Chamber Choir - will be providing three of the eight five-part (SATBB) choirs needed, and I am looking for other competent chamber choirs to complete the remainder. We already have New Sussex Singers and Barison's Chamber Choir taking part, and so we need perhaps one or two more choirs. The programme will also include Howells' Jubilate (Coll Reg) and RVW Antiphon to open and close the concert, in which I hope all singers present will join in; each visiting choir having a 10 minute slot to perform an item "as themselves"; and various other items, including a performance of Debussy's Chansons de Bilitis. The idea is that visiting choirs could rehearse as much or as little as they wished themselves beforehand, and we could all come together on the afternoon of the 6th to - well - get it together! I would also welcome competent "freelancers" who would like to sing Spem, but on the condition that they came to at least one of the two prior local rehearsals - dates to be decided. Proceeds of our concerts usually go to the church in which we perform, but on this occasion I also intend to make a donation to the Hospice movement. Cantamus Reigate is an "ad hoc" choir that I fix separately for each concert and I ask my singers to contribute £10 towards expenses. However, visiting choirs' participation would not be conditional upon making a donation, but we will provide an opportunity for their singers to do so on the day! So please let me know soonest - either by email or phone (07730 400373) if your choir would like to take part, or if you yourself would like to sing Spem. I look forward to hearing from you......
Nick Landauer

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum