Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

dcmbarton
Novice

Aug 1, 2007, 8:10 PM

Post #1 of 1 (7664 views)
Shortcut
Choirs needed for recordings Can't Post

Hope I am posting this in the right section!

As a composer, it is difficult to approach publishers without adequate recordings of the pieces I'm offering. I do not belong to or have any involvement with any choirs able to perform and record my works. They are not particularly difficult - all SATB and Organ. They are mostly short anthems, and some hymn tune settings. Our church choir can manage some, but as the average age is about 75, I wouldn't get particularly accurate of pleasant-sounding recordings!

I'm looking for choirs who would be prepared to take on a piece, learn it, and then record it. The recordings do not have to be exemplary CD quality - anyone with a minidisc recorder or suchlike would get a good enough sound quality. I am able to provide copies of the pieces, as many as you require at not cost. You would be free to perform then in concerts/recitals should you wish as well at a later date.

There may be some renumeration involved, but I have no idea what - I guess that is negotiable.

Some choirs may be good enough to have a few sing throughs and then simply put a recording down - maybe only an hour or two's work. Others may require longer.

If anyone feels they can help in this way, please email me at dcmbarton@blueyonder.co.uk

As composers, we really need choirs to help and participate in this way to make sure that new music continues to be written and published.

David

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum