Rayburn Tours

roscott
Novice

Oct 18, 2007, 5:17 PM

Post #1 of 1 (9527 views)
Shortcut
Choral Master Class 27 October, Reigate - Vivaldi, Britten Can't Post

Choral Master Class - Vivaldi 'Gloria', Britten 'Ceremony of Carols'

Buckland Choral Society, one of the choirs that take part in Surrey's famous Leith Hill Musical Festival is hosting a choral master class on Saturday 27th October.

The masterclass takes place on Saturday 27th October at the Methodist Church on Reigate High Street from 10am to 4pm. It is being led by Stephen Hope, former LHMF conductor and currently director of the West Sussex Philharmonic Choir, the Sussex Festival Choir and Basildon Choral Society among his many and varied musical activities.

The masterclass will be based on Vivaldi's Gloria and Britten's Ceremony of Carols, but will focus on techniques to make you a better choral singer. So whether you are new to singing or have been enjoying exercising your lungs for longer than you care to remeber there'll be somrthing in it for you.

The cost for the day is £15 (£10 for LHMF singers). Please bring your own lunch.

I go to workshops whenever I can, so if your choir is hosting one then please let me know - and I'll let others know too. It is important that we try and support each other at this kind of event.

Please contact Barbara Leech on 01737 763795 or email BCS@roscott.plus.com if you would like to attend.

And please TELL YOUR CHOIRS - literally - someone standing up and speaking is more likely to get a response than just leaflets, but I've attached one of those too.

It's the end of half term week for me, so I'll be needing the break - why not come along and join in the fun?

Rosemary
Attachments: Masterclass.pdf (215 KB)

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum