Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

eamonn
New User

Nov 29, 2007, 9:36 PM

Post #1 of 1 (10315 views)
Shortcut
Arvo Pärt world premiere in Ireland in Feb 2008. Tickets now on sale Can't Post

Estonian composer Arvo Pärt, will be attending the world premiere performances in Louth,Ireland in February 2008 of his new work based on St.Patrick’s Breastplate.
Arvo Pärt one of the most original musical voices and spiritually-oriented of living composers, was commissioned by Eamonn Quinn, Artistic Director of Louth Contemporary Music Society (LCMS) to write a new piece of sacred music using the emotive text of St Patrick’s Breastplate (Christ beside me, Christ within me..).The composer has named the composition The Deer’s Cry.
World premiere performances will take place in St. Peter's Church of Ireland, Drogheda on 13 Feb. 2008 and St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dundalk on 14 Feb.2008.
In keeping with Louth Contemporary Music Society’s desire to commission new sacred music based on existing Irish texts, there will be further world premières each evening. The Latvian composer Georg Pelecis will set the poem I See His Blood upon the Rose by Joseph Mary Plunkett who is a descendent of the local saint, St Oliver Plunkett. Co. Down composer Deirdre McKay has set the last words of St. Oliver Plunkett Comendo Spiritum Meum. Rihard Dubra the Latvian composer will also premiere a new work.

The première performances are presented under the title Arvo Pärt’s World Premiere: Baltic Voices in Ireland. The world premiere performances will be performed by one of the world’s foremost choirs the State Choir Latvija, the largest professional choir in Latvia, conducted by Irish conductor Fergus Sheil.

Tickets are now on sale from:

www.centralticketbureau.com.
Telephone Bookings ROI: 0818 205 205; UK 0870 850 2896,
International :++ 353 1 4487777
The Central Ticket Bureau, Liberty Hall, 33 Eden Quay, Dublin 1

www.ticketmaster.ie and all Ticketmaster outlets

Drogheda Arts Office 00353 41 987 6165

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum