Rayburn Tours

nidus
New User

May 18, 2008, 7:43 PM

Post #1 of 1 (40448 views)
Shortcut
Can anyone help? Can't Post

Hi

My sister and I run a children's choir on an entirely voluntary basis. I take care of admin, bookings etc and my sister (a former principal with several leading opera companies) trains the choir. The children are aged between 8 and 15 years, all attend local authority schools and have been singing together a little over 18 months. We thoroughly enjoy working with them and they have become a tight little team singing to a high standard. They have now qualified to compete in the World Choir Games in July and we've been fundraising like mad since December raising a massive £6,000 but it probably won't surprise most of you that we have failed to secure any funding from the Welsh Arts Council or local authority and have not attracted sponsorship. Some of our money raised has come from very small businesses giving us donations of £100 or £200 but the rest has been raised in the usual ways (sales, fairs, parties, raffles, discos, concerts, bag packing in supermarkets etc)......it's been relentless and we are now at crisis point because we need at least £7,500 more to make this project happen. Staff and children have worked so hard for this but it's very costly. Does anyone have any advice or ideas for us? We have about 2 weeks to get the money together!!!

Any ideas are most welcome, we really don't want anyone to be left behind.....x

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum