Jun 13, 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #1 of 1
AUDITIONS ARE TAKING PLACE THURS 18TH SEP, ALL ARRIVE 7 PM Sharp. We need Altos and female tenors for an ALL female group.
TENORS & ALTOS, 18th Sep for Choir from LAST CHOIR STANDING
Venue for auditions 18th September is;
The Rag Factory, 16-18 Heneage Street, London E1 5LJ
Please kindly send an email to Mara or Simon on email@example.com so we have ideas of numbers and level of interest. Or call 07904132031 and leave a message on our voicemail.
BRING YOUR CV/PROFILE WITH YOUR CURRENT CONTACT DETAILS TO THE AUDITION. There may be more auditions but not guaranteed as we are eager to have the group in place.
We are looking for very confident singers. We want talented, committed, disciplined singers who are self assured and independent. Experience of performing will be a bonus but not necessary as we are more interested in singers who are self assured and have raw talent which we can mould into a phenomenal act.
We only want applicants who are interested in sharing our vision, are flexible and want to learn from us. We want singers with ambition and focus who will practice every spare minute they have. We are not interested in working with divas, wannabes, and drama queens as this is a professional project. We plan to have the group perform in paid gigs from October 2008 and gain as much experience in between. We will try to arrange for rehearsals to be evenings to accommodate those who have jobs.
(Those who do not follow the process or fulfil the conditions will not be considered)
1. Apply with your profile/CV with the following details; Current mobile number, email, singing experience, performance experience, your vocal range, your availability, your style of singing, any training done, if you can read music, and any periods of time you will be out of London for a prolonged period of time in 2008. Including a brief covering note describing your personality, style, image and what makes you special and different.
2. If you have a successful audition you will be invited to attend rehearsals on Thurs 11th Sep to meet the other singers. It will be a chance for you to see if you want to be in the group.
3. As we are a new group, please realise there will be a period which will be unpaid as we will be developing our repertoire and sound before we book professional gigs. Our musical director has been working professionally in the industry for 15 years and has a publishing contract for his original music which he plans to record with us, so paid opportunities will be open this group.
1. Only female singers based in London & M25 area
2. Females, aged 18 - 40
3. Must be willing to explore singing vocal harmonies in different sections that are not in your comfort zone to balance the sound in the group.
4. An understanding that the decision of the producer is final in the creative direction of the group
5. Rehearsal time will be strict and disciplined in order for us to meet our performance deadlines
6. As we are planning on becoming a professional act we will be styled and need to look professional for all our performances.
7. Must be willing to appear on promotional events for group (TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, Internet etc)
8. Must not be contracted already to an agent, Management or have 3rd party contracts with music publishers or producers. Unless your contract allows you to perform or record professionally with another group.
Please apply now to take part or for more information.
The Gemstones X-factor audition (scroll towards the middle), paste to URL if link does not work.
We are the Gemstones Choir formed exclusively from social networking sites to compete in the BBC Last Choir Standing. Two friends who work in the entertainment industry came up with a concept, to send a message to all the friends they had on social networking sites, Facebook, Myspace, Bebo etc and invite singers to form a new choir to compete in Last Choir standing. We formed on March 20th 2008 and entered the competition on 3rd April. Our first audition tape was introduced by rappers and we sang an original African chant song Bwana Yesu and a soulful version of Bohemian Rhapsody. After forming barely 3 weeks before entering the competition we got a place in the top 60 choirs in the whole of the United Kingdom. Due to the pure genius of musical director, Marcus Davidson and his diverse singers. See our audition tape on youtube soon.
At our second audition at Cadogan Hall, we again sang our original African song Bwana Yesu which “moved” Russell Watson who has become a fan of The Gemstones. We now want to expand the choir and turn this phenomenon into a world class choir with composer and musical director, Marcus Davidson. www.marcusdavidson.net
The Gemstones http://www.ukscreen.com/cast/dot1972
(This post was edited by RealMcCoy on Sep 13, 2008, 2:30 PM)