Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

davidakindileni
New User

Apr 5, 2004, 12:00 PM

Post #1 of 1 (3380 views)
Shortcut
Setting Up a Chorale in Northern Nigeria Can't Post

Hi. I am a member of what is regarded as the best chorale in Black Africa - The Laz Ekwueme Chorale. This was the nucleus choir for the recently concluded 8th All Africa Games (COJA) and the sole choir for the 2003 CHOGM (Commonwealth Heads of Governments Meeting) (CHOGM Choir).

I moved to Maiduguri, North Eastern Nigeria about three months ago. This state is a mostly muslim state though religious activities by other denominations are unrestricted.

I would like to set up a chorale in this town/state and are seeking for those who are willing to assist as patrons in that regard in this project. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. I WISH TO EMPHASIZE THAT NO MONEY, REPEAT, NO MONEY, IS NOR WOULD BE REQUIRED OR ACCEPTED FROM ANYONE!!!

All we require are people who will be kind enough to donate new or fairly used music sheets, books and other training materials to us. Also, people who can offer musical, vocal and chorale training and counsel from time to time either online, by email or chatting, phone or fax. For example, how do I go about auiditioning since I am the only one here. Have any ideas?

Interested? Please get in touch with David Akindileni on +2348023076536 (mobile) or thru email at davidakindileni@yahoo.co.uk

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum