Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

CarolineLewis
Novice

Feb 5, 2010, 6:58 PM

Post #1 of 13 (92857 views)
Shortcut
Singing Holiday Recommendations? Can't Post

Has anyone any recommendations for singing holidays they have been on? I'm an OK-ish sight singer looking for challenging but not scary!

FullMonte
Novice

Feb 6, 2010, 11:31 AM

Post #2 of 13 (92825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CarolineLewis] Singing Holiday Recommendations? [In reply to] Can't Post

Google has thousands ;)

But one that I've been on and can recommend is here http://www.singingdays.co.uk/courses.htm They do an Autumn sing in Provence each year, and a weekend in Yorkshire. It's run by Jim Griffett, the tenor, alongside Ian Caddy (he of the dark chocolate voice!).

Voices of all abilities are welcome, it's very friendly and welcoming and if the weather is good, Le Lavandou in Provence is beautiful!

(This post was edited by FullMonte on Feb 6, 2010, 11:35 AM)

hilmiriam
New User

Feb 6, 2010, 2:27 PM

Post #3 of 13 (92812 views)
Shortcut

I went on a singing holiday with HF holidays last Autumn. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to everyone. They hold differnt types of singing breaks for all levels of ability. They are on the internet at: www.hfholidays.co.uk. Other singing courses that I know of are held at the Farncombe Estate: www.FarncombeEstate.co.uk and Benslow Music Trust at: www.benslow.org.uk. However I have not been to either of those places, but will be going to Benslow at the end of the month. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy.

CarolineLewis
Novice

Feb 6, 2010, 6:34 PM

Post #4 of 13 (92796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hilmiriam] Singing Holiday Recommendations? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou for those. There are a few on Google (I wouldn't say thousands!) but I hadn't found The Singing Days. I've been in touch with them and it sounds lovely. What you don't get from Google is the personal recommendation so if anyone's got anymore, let us know!

FullMonte
Novice

Feb 7, 2010, 2:24 PM

Post #5 of 13 (92740 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
... There are a few on Google (I wouldn't say thousands!)

I would... actually 14,800 Wink

Glad you found Singing Days, they're lovely people and you'll have a great time. The week in Provence finishes with a concert for the townspeople of the things you've been working on, and it's always full. Even the old chaps playing Boule on the strand come along...

runbysingers
Novice

Feb 13, 2010, 2:29 PM

Post #6 of 13 (92350 views)
Shortcut

I have been on lots of holidays organised by Run by Singers - all of them actually since 2004 - but as I am one of the organisers, I'm a tiny bit biased :-)

We do go to lots of different places - Paris, Venice, Salzburg, Assisi.. This year for the very first time we have even organised something in England - a cathedral weekend in Ely. Most of our foreign holidays for 2010 are already fully booked but the extra Venice week has just started booking and still has lots of room. The standard is quite high and some advance preparation is expected.

Lots of people still won't have heard of Run By - but we were the subject of a two page artice in Music Teacher's Summer Courses supplement this month and we were in the Sunday Times in January.

Jane and I are singers and we attend every course and holiday that we organise.

Click here (www.runbysingers.org) for full details

==Nick Couchman

(This post was edited by runbysingers on Feb 16, 2010, 10:38 PM)

CarolineLewis
Novice

Feb 13, 2010, 3:59 PM

Post #7 of 13 (92337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [runbysingers] Singing Holiday Recommendations? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Nick - I did know about you from British Choirs on The Net and from googling but your dates didn't work this time.
I'll keep in mind for future years though!

Jeff Stewart
New User

Mar 19, 2010, 4:44 AM

Post #8 of 13 (89662 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
Go to www.singingholidays.com from Sunday onwards.
It promises to be the most amazing experience.

singingholidays
New User

Apr 6, 2010, 6:14 PM

Post #9 of 13 (88871 views)
Shortcut

Hi Caroline. Do you fancy coming on a Singing Holiday in June or Sept this year? In both of these months we'll be running a weeks holiday in off-the-beaten-track Umbria, Italy. The course combines rehearsals, singing lessons and yoga with a final nights concert in a beautiful Benedictine Abbey. We'll be having some great food and visits plus we're staying in a beautiful place in a wonderful location. Please have a look at our website: http://singingholidays.com and see what you think. Would love any feedback and I really hope you can come. Thanks

CarolineLewis
Novice

Apr 6, 2010, 6:38 PM

Post #10 of 13 (88865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [singingholidays] Singing Holiday Recommendations? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for meassage and sorry not to reply before. I had already booked a holiday before your first posting and sadly cant afford more than one!
You asked for feedback - the website looks great and I wish you the best of luck. Personally I wouldn't be turned on by yoga but plenty would so you should do ok. It's also, I'm afraid, a bit expensive for me. I know everything is included so it's better value than some, but still beyond my price range.
Best of luck anyway. I look forward to hearing how it went.

singingholidays
New User

Apr 6, 2010, 6:51 PM

Post #11 of 13 (88862 views)
Shortcut

That's really sweet of you, thanks so much. Hope you have a lovely time on whatever holiday you've chosen. I'm sure it will be great. Maybe see you on another holiday next year! Fingers crossed. Bye Caroline and happy belated Easter.

Tim
User

Apr 7, 2010, 9:13 AM

Post #12 of 13 (88817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [singingholidays] Singing Holiday Recommendations? [In reply to] Can't Post

Worth checking out the list of summer musical holidays here:

http://www.summer-schools.info/music

Tim

gerontius
http://www.gerontius.net

singingholidays