Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

alihartford
New User

Mar 28, 2010, 1:32 PM

Post #1 of 5 (44395 views)
Shortcut
Choir Wanted for Son Can't Post

Hi there, my son sings all the time and his teacher at school says he has a beautiful voice and he should audition for a cathedral choir. Can anyone tell me how good the choirs in the SE are (giong on advice at http://angelsonaneedle.wordpress.com/2010/02/19/roll-up-roll-up-scholarships-for-a-song/ ?
Thanks!!

(This post was edited by alihartford on Mar 28, 2010, 2:24 PM)

choirmistress
New User

Apr 13, 2010, 12:02 PM

Post #2 of 5 (44158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alihartford] Choir Wanted for Son [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know about choirs in the SE but I've looked at the advice in the link you give and it's not good advice IMO. There is financial help if you need it but you don't need to follow the disgusting tactics of this pushy parent to get (it will be means tested). Mad

HilaryH
New User

Apr 16, 2010, 7:24 PM

Post #3 of 5 (44018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [choirmistress] Choir Wanted for Son [In reply to] Can't Post

Well said, choirmistress. It's quite unbelievable. Even without a Christian faith, the parent's behaviour shows a comlpete lack of any moral value whatsoever and the choristership their daughter has been awarded makes a mockery of the entire choral tradition. Shocked

HilaryH
New User

Apr 16, 2010, 7:48 PM

Post #4 of 5 (44014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alihartford] Choir Wanted for Son [In reply to] Can't Post

alihartford, if your son enjoys singing then my own advice to you would be to have a look at the Cathedral opportunities around you in the SE and see which one/s you like the best. You can take it from there if it's still something that interests both you and your son. Good luck!!

westcountrysing
New User

Apr 23, 2010, 10:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (42001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HilaryH] Choir Wanted for Son [In reply to] Can't Post

It's no more than you'd expect when a pushy parent takes advantage of an ambitious lay vicar and his sweetheart schoolma'am. Exeter has trouble ahead.

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum