Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

Sheilagh Armitt
Novice

Jun 18, 2010, 3:47 PM

Post #1 of 5 (72566 views)
Shortcut
Anglican Hymn BooK Can't Post

Does anyone have a copy (or several!) that they would donate or sell to my church choir? It is out of print and the choir is having a growth spurt!

(This post was edited by Sheilagh Armitt on Feb 9, 2012, 9:34 AM)

hague161
Novice

Oct 29, 2010, 5:30 PM

Post #2 of 5 (63091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sheilagh Armitt] Anglican Hymn BooK [In reply to] Can't Post

If it is that orange book Complete Anglican old and new, my church may be able to assist with at least one copy, but I would urge you not to use that book. The harmonisations are really dreadful in my opinion and the selection is now rather outdated regarding 'new songs' So you have the situation, the new songs are out of date, and the ancient songs are wrongly harmonised in many cases. CH4 (the Scottish hymnary) is fab. Common ground has some great material and I think that the New English Hymnal is a good all round resource.

Sheilagh Armitt
Novice

Nov 2, 2010, 11:59 AM

Post #3 of 5 (63008 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by Sheilagh Armitt [In reply to]

hague161
Novice

Nov 2, 2010, 12:07 PM

Post #4 of 5 (63006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sheilagh Armitt] Anglican Hymn BooK [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah well - best of luck in finding it - if you can't there is bound to be a good substitute - just not CAOAN!!! Anyway we're going for the record in replies to posts here!

hague161
Novice

Nov 2, 2010, 6:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (62986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hague161] Anglican Hymn BooK [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I know there is not a book called the Anglican Hymn Book. The church of England has never produced an authorised Hymnary as such. It always used to be Hymns Ancient and Modern, which is red and is still available (I looked on Amazon just now) I think higher churches tend to use the New English Hymnal. Common Praise is generally considered to be the successor to Hymns A&M and this may suit you well. What sort of Hymns/Songs are you after?

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum