Rayburn Tours

KatherineBrooks
New User

Aug 3, 2010, 10:03 PM

Post #1 of 1 (5145 views)
Shortcut
The Magic Flute Can't Post

Hello,

I am in need of some talented singers to take part in an exciting and fresh project in Exeter!

Rehearsals will begin on the 13th of September for the Bikeshed Theatre’s production of The Magic Flute. Preparing for a three week professional run starting at the beginning of October, this is no usual staging of Mozart’s opera… We have a newly commissioned Libretto, as well as a newly adapted score transporting the Opera from its ancient setting in Egypt to the “modern” setting of a 20s speakeasy club!

We’re looking to bring the life and joy back to Mozart’s music, but need the talented voices to make this happen! Auditions for the key parts are being held in Exeter this coming weekend, (Friday 6th & Saturday 7th August) but we are open to extending this period in order to find the right singers. If you are interested, please contact me either by email on kb273@ex.ac.uk or call me on 07793113112, and we can arrange a time and date, as well as audition material.

We will be further looking for smaller roles, including the Chorus towards the end of August and beginning of September, so if you are interested in a smaller part, again please don’t hesitate to get in touch!

Many Thanks,

Katherine Brooks

Musical Director.

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum