RE: Male vocalists required to join 6 part Vocal-Harmony group based in London
Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

Kizi
New User

Jun 7, 2012, 10:01 PM

Post #1 of 1 (9817 views)
Shortcut
RE: Male vocalists required to join 6 part Vocal-Harmony group based in London Can't Post

Hi,

I represent a vocal harmony group based in London that is currently looking for new members. The arrangements (and most of the songs) are original in 5/6 parts (5/6 part chords). The musical styles are taken from various genres including jazz, soul, r&b and Gospel. Some groups that have influenced our music/sound include Take6, Boyz II men, The Real Group and Manhattan Transfer.

You can sample our work at
http://www.myspace.com/meridianflo

We are looking for vocalists who

- are very comfortable soloists and are used to singing in, at least, a 3 part choir. However, since we are a vocal group and not a choir you must be comfortable singing your part alone. Also, being comfortable in singing a solo run in any of the styles previously mentioned would be helpful but not essential.

- are Bass, Tenor or Barritone singers (i.e. male parts).

- can commit to a group of this nature. The harmonies are not intuitive. Hence, we meet at least once a week and record our parts to practice our parts BEFORE we meet. The meetings are primarily to sing the parts we have already learnt together.

- are between the ages of 24 and 35.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do please contact me, Kizi, at:

Kizi79@yahoo.co.uk

I hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers!

(This post was edited by Kizi on Jun 7, 2012, 10:29 PM)

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum