Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

Ristretto
New User

Jul 24, 2014, 9:10 AM

Post #1 of 1 (8914 views)
Shortcut
TENORS wanted 9/17 August south of France Can't Post

Want to sing with founder members of the Hilliard? We have places for two tenors at our summer school. We invite you to join a group of singers for a week of intensive choral study, involving a challenging a cappella repertoire.

Led by Errol Girdlestone, international conductor and choirmaster, and founder member of the Hilliard, we rehearse for up to six hours a day and perform a concert at the end of the week. We are based in the beautiful Luberon region of the south of France (nearest airport Avignon).

There will also be a chance to do madrigal work with Paul Elliott, tenor and founder member of the Hilliard and currently Professor of Music at the Early Music Institute of Indiana University.

The week is appropriate for experienced choral singers with good sight-reading ability, as well as those able to do their own prior preparation.

Dates: 9th-17th August 2014
Repertoire for 2014 : Benjamin Britten A Boy was Born and Johannes Brahms Fest- und Gedenksprüche
Cost : 260euros which includes all tuition. Accommodation can be arranged at the 3* Hotel Notre-Dame de Lumières, a former 17th century convent which has a private pool and all rooms are en-suite and air-conditioned. We rehearse in the hotel’s octagonal chapel each day. Hotel costs vary depending on double or single rooms but half-board in a shared room will cost 610 euros per person (eight nights). If you prefer you can arrange your own accommodation in the area. Non-singing partners are very welcome.

For details please email choir manager, Kate Cobb at choralsummer@aol.com or telephone 0033493206894.

Here's what singers in past years have said in answer to the question, What made you decide to come to this event?:

"Singing with Errol, his choice of music, Provence, good wine and food, warm weather, the high probability that I would enjoy the company of the singers you had invited. The week was good fun, musically challenging (but I expected that!) and it lived up to expectations."

"I think first and foremost is the chance to sing under Errol’s direction. In my mind he is one of the best choral directors not least because he is a singer himself. I like the way Errol demands nothing less than the best we can offer but helps the choir enormously to find how to give their best and always with that winning smile".

"I have come away from both years doing this, feeling I have learned more about my own singing, strengths, weaknesses etc. Key elements- a good friendly group, absence of competitiveness, so a reasonably similar standard and the immense amount of effective hard work by all the team to make everyone feel welcome and important. Thank you! "

Time is running out so please don't delay in contacting us!

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum