gerontius home page Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Choirs and Choral Music: Notice board:
Exploring Choral Techniques Workshop in Harpenden, Herts on Saturday 29 January 2005 with Robert Hollingworth of I Fagiolini and the Lea Singers
Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

Philip
Novice

Dec 14, 2004, 9:55 PM

Post #1 of 1 (6842 views)
Shortcut
Exploring Choral Techniques Workshop in Harpenden, Herts on Saturday 29 January 2005 with Robert Hollingworth of I Fagiolini and the Lea Singers Can't Post

ShockedThe Lea Singers of Harpenden invite competent singers to join them in a singing day with Robert Hollingworth of I Fagiolini, entitled Exploring Choral Techniques.

UnimpressedRobert is Director of I Fagiolini see http://www.ifagiolini.com/ and has been responsible for bringing to life some classics of Renaissance secular music. While much of his work is done in early music, his interests span the centuries, and he is much in demand both as a conductor and teacher. He runs the vocal ensemble class at Trinity College of Music, London, has directed Lacock courses in Spain and the Netherlands as well as at the Lacock Summer School itself, and led a Singing in Venice week.

CoolA former chorister at Hereford Cathedral and choral scholar at New College, Oxford, Robert has conducted Monteverdi's Orfeo for Opera Zuid (Holland) and Netherlands Chamber Choir's recent staged production of Faust, featuring music by Messiaen, Schnittke, Heppener, Cardoso, Bach and Roderick
Williams

ShockedRobert has a particular interest in the application of national styles and language in singing, and whilst we may not emulate his exploration of choral by-ways in Zulu and Arabic, we will be working in this workshop on a range of contrasting countries of origin, languages, styles and periods.

FrownRobert is an excellent presenter and has broadcast many times on BBC Radio 3, appearing on Music Restored, Spirit of the Age and CD Review.

SmileThere will be a sing-through at the end of the afternoon.

The programme is going to be this, or something like this:
Anon (Spanish) - Paso el agoa
Vasquez - De los alamos vengo
Poulenc - Belle et ressemblante (Paul Éluard)
Whiteacre - When David Heard
Monteverdi - Rimante in pace
Trad.Zimbawe - Nyamaropa

BlushSaturday 29 January 2005 from 10.30am - 5pm at The Chapel, Highfield Oval, Ambrose Lane, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 4BX. Just 25 miles on the train from London and close to St. Albans and Luton

Applications to Judith Mann, 52 Townsend Lane, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 2RG. Tel: 01582-621357 or Judith.Mann@shell.com

Sly£10 for the day with tea provided, but bring your own picnic lunch or visit the local pub.

(This post was edited by Philip on Dec 31, 2004, 4:35 PM)

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum