Rayburn Tours

KathleenCronie
New User

Jul 30, 2018, 11:05 AM

Post #1 of 1 (4285 views)
Shortcut
Participate in Conductor/MD research! Can't Post

Hello,

My name is Kathleen Cronie and I am posting regarding a research project that I am currently running as part of my PhD at the University of Aberdeen. My research focuses on the teaching of vocal skills to choirs and as part of this research I am currently surveying conductors and musical directors across the UK who are working with groups of singers.

I would like to ask if you might take 10 or 15 minutes to fill in a brief survey as part of this project. There will also be an opportunity for choirs/singing groups whose conductor/MD has completed the survey to participate in the practical section of the research project at a later date. This would involve trialling some of the warm-ups and vocal exercises gathered from the survey and should be interesting and enjoyable for both conductors and singers. If your group would like to volunteer to be involved in this then please make sure that the group’s contact details are included in the response to the survey.

The survey can be found here - http://viis.abdn.ac.uk/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=152785085231 (Please make sure that at the end of the survey you click “Submit” or your responses will not be stored!)

If you have any questions at all then please do get in touch with me, I’d be very happy to talk to you further about the project. Please also feel free to pass this message on to any other conductors/MDs you are in contact with. Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Kathleen Cronie

kathleen.cronie@abdn.ac.uk
www.kathleencronie.com

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum