Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

TimKnightMusic
User

Jun 5, 2020, 11:34 AM

Post #1 of 1 (10038 views)
Shortcut
A good news story! Can't Post

Amidst the current gloom, it cheered us up no end to receive this review from @RSCM Magazine this month for 'Six Anthems for Mixed Voices' - there are some lovely recordings on our Youtube Channel of some of them. In particular, 'If my lips could sing' and 'I will lift up mine eyes'.... for choirs looking for short and undemanding pieces which could be sung or rehearsed in smaller groups, then this set would be ideal.... normally the set would be £4.25, but we have reduced it to £3.25 (minimum purchase is 10 copies) available via this link:
[urlhttps://www.timknightmusic.com/product-page/six-anthems-for-mixed-voices

"With a subtitle 'Suitable for introits; blessings, concerts', these are six short, undemanding pieces: three 'Celtic Prayers' for SATB and three anthems for (mostly) two-part mixed voices with some optional four-part passages. Accompaniments are sometimes specified for organ and once ('Celtic blessing of the nine elements') for piano. The words of an old Jewish prayer, 'If my lips could sing' seem to cross over into Celtic spirituality, and receive a tender, reflective setting. Throughout, there is a flowing, relaxed approach that many small choirs will find attractive." - RSCM Magazine

(This post was edited by TimKnightMusic on Jun 5, 2020, 11:40 AM)

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum