gerontius home page Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Choirs and Choral Music: General discussion:
Please help - Source for Choir accompaniment cds required!
Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

desperateh
New User

Sep 19, 2005, 3:57 PM

Post #1 of 4 (36723 views)
Shortcut
Please help - Source for Choir accompaniment cds required! Can't Post

Hello, I wonder if somebody could please point me in the direction of a website which supplies cds with musical accompaniment for choirs - preferably those without assistance (ie which do not have intermittent voice instruction over the music)

I am looking on behalf of somebody else who has asked me to assist him with his search and I believe he is looking for Christmas carols, pieces by John Rutter and Handel's Messiah..

I would be most grateful for any suggestions! Thank you.

willgoss
Novice

Feb 15, 2006, 2:12 PM

Post #2 of 4 (36557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [desperateh] Please help - Source for Choir accompaniment cds required! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know that it will have the Christmas Carols but it is sure to have the Messiah and it depends on which Rutter pieces but would suggest having a look at a website called www.cyberbass.com it has downloadable midi files for each part as well as the whole and is a useful aid to rehearsal without the aid of an accompanist.

medicisinger
Novice

Feb 28, 2006, 1:50 PM

Post #3 of 4 (36494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [desperateh] Please help - Source for Choir accompaniment cds required! [In reply to] Can't Post

You could try a company called PartAbility - see http://www.partability.co.uk/catalogue.html for more information. Cool

gjlander
Novice

Aug 15, 2006, 5:16 AM

Post #4 of 4 (35557 views)
Shortcut

Kevin Mayhew Ltd have sets of Christmas Carol backings.. refer online www.kevinmayhew.com

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum