Rayburn Tours

BIRDIE
New User

May 15, 2006, 11:03 AM

Post #1 of 2 (49732 views)
Shortcut
IS THIS A RECORD? Can't Post

IS THIS A RECORD?

I'm a member of Mabe Ladies Choir in Cornwall and am doing some research into the Choir's history in this our 75th Anniversary Year. Although the choir has been running for 75 years (beginning as a WI choir), we are only on our fourth conductor (!) and I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of any other choirs with a similar record? Would love to hear.

I am also interested in learning about the origins of WI choirs in general - so many ladies choirs seem to have begun that way and I'd like to know whether there was a specific WI mandate for forming choirs or whether things just evolved that way

thanks in advance for any info you have

MANDA

Suzume
New User

Apr 21, 2008, 6:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (45073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BIRDIE] IS THIS A RECORD? [In reply to] Can't Post

Our choir (Putney Choral Society) is younger than yours at sixty years old, but we have had the same conductor the whole time! The unstoppable Stephen Rhys, MBE, now in his mid-eighties and still going strong. Mozart Requiem next month, plus some operatic gems including a semi-staged extract from The Magic Flute, with a huge snake...

Just thought we would boast a little. Good wishes to all of you; keep on singing.

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum