Forum sponsored by:
Rayburn Tours

pianoman27
New User

Aug 29, 2006, 8:26 PM

Post #1 of 3 (27814 views)
Shortcut
Musical Directing and Conducting experience wanted Can't Post

Musical Directing and Conducting experience wanted.

I am a final year university student studying music composition and would like some experience in conducting and directing. I am currently a musical director for an amateur dramatics society in Birmingham and I also conduct the university wind band.

I am looking into conducting or directing as a possible career choice, alongside being a freelance composer, but require crucial experince to help me develop and progress.

I am hoping to do a masters degree in conducting but require vital experience to widen my choice of universities.

Anyone who may be able to help please reply to this post.

Many thanks

Martin Sleaford

(This post was edited by Tim on Oct 3, 2006, 6:05 AM)

lorraine Payne
New User

Mar 13, 2008, 10:31 AM

Post #2 of 3 (26818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pianoman27] Musical Directing and Conducting experience wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Martin, please contact us regarding a small, good standard grand opera company who may be in need of assisstance for 2008/2009. Good Artistic Director and singers to work with, and good orchestra. Commitment required. Thursday evenings, some Sundays, main production November city centre, and concert or two in Spring.
Call us on 07971 673 060.

pianoman27
New User

Mar 20, 2008, 7:54 PM

Post #3 of 3 (26666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lorraine Payne] Musical Directing and Conducting experience wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I am interested, could you please provide me with some more information. Where do you rehearse, what are you currently working towards, what time are rehearsals? Do you have a website that i can look at?

Many thanks

Martin

Search for (options) Developed by Alberon Ltd, Oxford, UK using Gossamer Forum