Sussex Chorus is seeking to appoint an experienced and highly skilled accompanist to work with the choir on a weekly basis from September 2019. (The choir's season runs usually from September to June).
The accompanist will provide high quality piano accompaniment at all Monday evening rehearsals (7.15 to 9.30pm in Burgess Hill, West Sussex) under the general guidance of the conductor. There will also be the opportunity to perform keyboard parts in concerts and workshops as requested by the conductor and/or the committee. The successful candidate will be:
- A skilled pianist (preferably with formal qualifications at degree/diploma level or equivalent) and a sensitive accompanist with strong sight-reading and score-reading skills.
- Highly experienced in accompanying and working with choirs
- Fluent in reading short score and open score, SATB (plus div.)
- Able to prepare fully in advance of each rehearsal
- Able to work as part of a team as well as take initiative when appropriate
- Approachable, with good interpersonal skills and a keeness to interact with members of Sussex Chorus
- Able to work well and collaboratively with the conductor and/or committee to facilitate rehearsals and enable singers to give of their best.
Sussex Chorus is a 70+ SATB choir which is coming up for its centenary in 2021 and enjoys a reputation in the county for high quality performances. It is a friendly and welcoming choir and enjoyed working with its previous accompanist for many years.
For a copy of the full Job Description and detals of how to apply, please see our website: http://www.sussexchorus.org