Upon retirement of the present post-holder at Christmas, and with music as a priority in our vision for the future, we are seeking a Choral Director, from early 2020. The Choral Director will lead our choir and rehearsals and play a significant part in shaping the next phase of St Peter’s musical life.
This is an exciting and fresh opportunity for someone with enthusiasm and skill to work closely with our other leading musicians to inspire our worship and to
- lead our newly-formed St Peter’s Singers (building on our present choirs)
- build on our lively present, and significant musical heritage (Delius, Beecham, Beatrice Harrison and friends all buried in the churchyard)
- shape and grow our future singing for all ages, including opportunities for choral scholarships and community engagement
- continue to develop and transform St Peter’s as a place of choral excellence
St Peter’s is an Anglican Eucharistic parish church in a vibrant village, offering:
- Fine organ with excellent organist in post, and concert piano
- Strong English choral tradition, and enjoyment of a variety of other styles
- Good transport links by road and rail (lifts available from / to Oxted station if required)
- One Sunday morning service with rehearsal every week, and occasional Choral Evensong
Remuneration of £75 per Sunday service, including rehearsal (equivalent to £3,150 / year), plus special services, expenses and warm support.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 January 2020. To apply, please send covering letter and CV to Caroline Campbell, Church Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01883 712512 for an informal chat.
Public Questions / Answers
No questions have been posted about this listing.