Application deadline: 7 June
Aurora Choir is a group of (currently) around 35 singers formed in 2022 largely from former members of the Adoramus Choir, disbanded in 2021 after 25 years of performing. Our repertoire aims to include a variety of music with broad appeal to a diverse audience - from choral classics to more contemporary works and musical theatre - underpinned by a Christian worldview and singers who share or are sympathetic to that. Most of our members are music readers.
Rehearsals: Mondays 8pm – 10pm at St Andrew’s, Southgate N14 5PP
Terms: self-employed (see below for remuneration).
- To plan, prepare and take weekly rehearsals, around 40-42 a year.
- In consultation with the choir Planning Group, to work with them to choose music and plan concerts, normally a minimum of 3 a year.
- To improve and develop the musical training of the choir.
- To be an inspirational teacher, able to lead the choir and keep them engaged.
- To have a positive and enthusiastic approach to a wide range of music, building the confidence and skills of our singers.
- To have both patience and persistence in the pursuit of a good standard of performance.
- To be a proficient musician, with experience of directing a choir.   ; &n